On 06/12/2022, received a message from 1Cube that there will be an year end official exam called Ujian Akhir Sesi Akademik (UASA) 2022/2023 for students from Standard 4-6 when the school reopens in January 2023.
Before the long school holiday started in Dec 2022, my girl said teachers informed them to bring back books for revisions during the school holiday.
Today, the school principal conducted a short briefing to explain about this new examination system. Because this is the first time year conducted examination by government, these are the important facts that every parents should know (for SJKC):-
- UASA means Ujian Akhir Sesi Akademik (UASA)
- UASA is the new exam format for Standard 4, 5 and 6 (Standard 1 – 3 not included)
- UASA includes all subjects (11 subjects)
- Core subjects (BM, BI, Maths, Science & History) prepared by government and other subjects (BC, Moral, Muzik, Pendidikan Seni Visual, Pendidikan Jasmani & Kesihatan, Reka Bentuk & Tecknologi) prepared by school teacher
- UASA is a writing examination – objective and writing questions (Listening, practical and other components will be implemented in PBD)
- Purpose is to assess cognitive level and progress of students
- Only will get TP1 to TP6 rating (No score/ marks)
- Result will be recorded in MOE system
For parents of Standard 6 students, they would like to know what is minimum BM rating (TP1-TP6) to decide if the students moved to “Peralihan” or “Form 1”. However, the Principal explained that there is no information yet from MOE.
Also, I found more information in MOE website.
- Garis Panduan Pentadbiran Ujian Akhir Sesi Akademik
- Jadual Kerja Pentaksiran Bilik Darjah Akhir Sesi Akademik 2022/2023