Signs and symptoms of pregnancy
Your body changes can indicate that you are pregnant. Body changes that take place when you are pregnant :
- No period
- pulse / heart rate faster than usual
- nausea with or without vomiting
- body weight increases
- appetite increases
- feeling thirsty
- enlarge and painful
- skin around the nipples darken
- passing urine more frequent
- skin changes – some women experience darkened skin at body fold, itchiness
- tummy increasing in size
Am I pregnant ?
When I suspect that I am pregnant, the first thing that I do is go and buy pregnancy test kit from the pharmacy. It is easily available and there are a wide range of different brands to choose from with different prices. And most important of all, I can know the result fast.
If you miss your period and suspect you are pregnant, you can do Urine Pregnancy Test (UPT). UPT result is reliable if you miss your periods for at least 6 weeks from your first day of the last period (also known as LMP).
What is LMP ?
LMP or last menstrual period. It is the date of your first day of last menstrual period. Usually confusion arises when you give the last day of your period. E.g.:
- if your period on 1 January 2018 lasts for 7 days.
- you will tell the nurses your LMP is 1/1/2018 and NOT 7/1/2018
It is important to give the correct LMP date because it will help the health care provider to calculate your expected date of delivery (EDD).